Carcassonne Loft - Penthouse Apartment
in the Languedoc, South of France
Terms and Conditions
- Arrival & Departure times. Times of arrival and
departure can normally be flexible but as a general rule where
two clients would otherwise overlap rentals commence at 4pm.
and finish at 10am. Clients are entirely responsible for their
own travel arrangements.
- Guest numbers. The maximum number of guests to reside
on the property must not exceed that stated unless the owners
have given written permission. Day visitors are by agreement
with the owner only.
- Defects. The client must report to the owner without
delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment,
services or appliances in the property. Arrangements for repair
and/or replacement will be made as rapidly as possible.
- Electricity. The apartment has the option of air conditioning
and heating and is very well insulated. Electricity is included
in the standard price.
- Linen. Linen when required is charged at 10 Euros per
person per week. This includes hand towels, bath towels, bed
linen, tea towels and mats.
- Deposit. A security deposit of 200 Euros is required
in case of damage to the property or its contents, or special
cleaning required due to spilling or other accidents. The deposit
sum of 200 Euros is not the limit of the clients' liability
to the owners. It is payable to the proprietors, in cash, on
arrival at the property.
- Reservations. Reservations are confirmed by the receipt of a signed and completed reservation form and the receipt of the full rental amount or a 50% deposit depending on banking charges.
- Cancellations. Fifty percent of the rental amount is non refundable once a booking has been made.
If the balance is not received eight weeks before the beginning of the reservation period, the owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation in writing.
Should a client cancel their holiday up to eight weeks before the start of the rental period any sum over the 50% paid is returned in full.
Should a client cancel their holiday within eight weeks of the start of the rental period a refund may not not possible. However If the rental period is re-let, and we do try to do this, the full rental amount is returned (minus expenses and costs).
We strongly recommend that clients take out travel insurance including cover for having to cancel due to unforeseeable circumstances.
- Telephone. The apartment has the facility for free
telephone calls to landlines throughout France and to many worldwide
destinations including North America but not Australasia. Mobile
and prime telephone numbers are not included in facility and
so while we like to offer this as a free service, we have a
small charge which covers the cost of returning the deposit
after the bill for the rental period has been received. The
charges made for the transfer will be the only charge made for
all calls that use the free telephone service. Any charges made
will be accompanied by bills to show usage. This extended deposit
will be refunded by whatever means are convenient to the client.
- Cleaning. A cleaning service is available as an optional
extra but not included in the rental price. When this option
is not selected the apartment should be left with a good standard
of general cleanliness including emptying of bins, vacuuming
of floors, wiping of surfaces and generally as found, excluding
deep or detailed cleaning except when spillages etc. have occurred.
Beds do not need to be made. The owners reserve the right to
take the cost of cleaning from the security deposit if neither
hire of a cleaner or thorough cleaning is done.
- Owners' Liability. The owners shall not be liable to
the client for the following:
- Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public
services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment,
machinery or service in the property.
- Any loss or inconvenience caused to, or suffered by the
client due to the seasonal unavailability of public services
to the property or the surrounding area.
- Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered
by the client if the property is destroyed or substantially
damaged before the start of the rental period and in any
event, the owner shall, within seven days of notification
to the client, refund all sums previously paid for the rental.
Any loss, damage or injury suffered by the client, their
party, their vehicles or personal possessions whilst on
- In no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client
exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period. The
client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel
insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have
full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability,
accident etc., since these are not covered by the owner's insurance.